March 24, 2017

COMICS TOO


Yes, there are all sorts of comics and illustrated books at Comic Con.
  2009.


Little Lulu lives even slightly out of focus.  2009.



                                                                    


  • Himself:  He’s coughing more and enjoying it less.  At work.

  • Herself:  Less coughing, more sleep at last.

  • Reading:  …garbage.

  • Gratitudes:  That “more sleep” stuff really helps.
  • Dianne:  A note from her daughter:  Bella Rose on March 24, 2017 at 18:33 said:
    My beautiful mother died this morning at 3:10 a.m. due to another severe episode of breathing difficulty and atrial fibrillation. I was with her to the end. David said these words to me this morning: “The strife is o’er, The battle won, The victory of life is done.”
    Thank you for loving and encouraging my beautiful mother, Audrey Dianne Schmidley.




  • 9 comments:

    1. Little Lulu....I remember that. Man am I old or what?

      ReplyDelete
    2. This is so much fun! Art just discovered his stash of comics from his childhood. He put some in mylar sleeves which was a lucky thing because the ones that he didn't protect had beetle holes in them. I remember Lulu too!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I used to read comics all day long as a kid!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I used to read Little Lulu too, long, long ago. And Sheena of the Jungle. Mid-1040's, dark ages.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Ha, ha, mid-1940's not 1040's unless I'm a lot older than I thought.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Saddened that Diane has lost her battle. I'm glad she found David and had 32 wonderful years with him. I not only remember Lulu, but remember her co-hort's name -- Sluggo!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I recall Little Lulu, too, but had forgotten all about her 'til reminded here. Enjoying your photos.
      Just came from Schmidley's -- so sorry to learn of Dianne's passing. I so enjoyed interacting with her via her blog. Wish I had found her sooner.

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life