August 22, 2017

PEACEFULLY



As the trees outside our windows faded into twilight, I cranked up my computer.  NASA offered a wonderful way to watch yesterday’s eclipse travel across the continent.  From Oregon to Charlotte, the shadow moved across the US so smoothly, so fast.  Quietly.

As were all the people gathered to watch nature at her best.  Cheering.  Many with their hands raised as if pleading with the moon-goddess to bless us all.  Peacefully.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….        

  • Himself:  Suggested we go see the Captain, Nursed me, and worked hard this morning.
  • Herself:  Read, thought about the quilt and solved one problem, fell off the stair and skinned an arm, saw the Captain, and watched TV.  Pool this morning with waterproof bandage that worked.
  • Captain Poolie:  Poolie isn't doing well at all.  Lots of nausea and dizziness.</
  • Reading:  Michael Connolly's “The Late Show.”  Well written and worth rereading.  I liked the new character.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I didn’t break or strain anything when I fell off the bottom stair.


7 comments:

  1. Take care, amage. Our bones don't heal so easily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for my son in law's photos & vids. He was in the total eclipse area near Madras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to be more careful when walking as we all have less balance and quick corrective movements. I did not see much of the eclipse as a friend came by with glasses and then had to hurry on. I did see much on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might best stay off the stair, but am sure you know what's best -- wise to remember to move less abruptly and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch, we sure lose our bounce as we tack on a few years. Step carefully, I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. watching online was cool too

    no more falling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness... so glad it was only a skinned arm rather than something broken. I read on someone's diary that when you hit your 70's you lose your balance, and it's so true! I can be standing upright one minute and the next I'm slipping sideways. Feeling better this morning -- grateful for that. Be well and be careful! Love you...

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life