January 29, 2018

A NUMBING DOWN


Joleen. November 1979.  Poem, Princess Daihaku

I had an eight thirty appointment for a CT scan this morning.  After it was done, I stopped in to see the Captain.  She was still there.  She was still heavily drugged as her pain is terrible. 

Jo’s pain was terrible too.  They left Jo at home, as drugged as they could in those days.  We talked on the phone, I visited, I received updates from friend Don.  All this eerily familiar today.

They want to move Poolie home, but any movement creates agony.  There she stays in stasis.  She is a wonderful friend….not the special friend that Jo was for me.  Pam and her daughter were there.  Later her sister and niece will stay for hours.  Pam’s in tears…they have that special closeness.  They have asked for no visitors.  We are allowed, Pam said.


I came home numb.  

8 comments:

  1. So sorry. Wish I was there to fix you something totally caloric and then able to give you a big warm hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your friend and what you are all going through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A tough time indeed....my thoughts are with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry sbout your friends, Mage. It’s hard to see friends suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sorry for the pain you are all feeling. Prayers for all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh... such a stark reality we face. Numb indeed. I will continue to pray for her...

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life