March 1, 2018

FROZEN IN STASIS




Stasis is defined as a period or state of inactivity or equilibrium.  That’s been me.  Frankly, I’m out of balance, on hold, and so laid back that I am frozen in place.

From an email sent to C: “I have to confess that I have ground to a halt and am accomplishing nothing but pricing books.  Now, at last, I'm done with the books.  There's been a change of managers at work.  I'm going to further complicate the new manager’s life by bringing in six more boxes of priced books on Saturday. 

Slowly my stomach settles down again to vague nausea.  I have a follow-up appointment with my GP doc on Monday and am making an appointment with a gastroenterologist.  Truthfully, I have no excuse now for not coming to the pool.  Except the cold.  LOL  I was thinking of using the gym until the temperature moves into the fifties.  It's 42 degrees right now.  Oh, brrrr.” 

I have promised myself that I’d get off my bum, do my put-off email, write something then wash the sheets.  While they go around down in the garage, I’ll start on the quilt at last.  I’m just deathly afraid that anything I do won’t look crowlike. 

I know for sure that fear is all that’s holding me in stasis.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  He’s been to the gym, and is happily playing a game of solitaire.  He win’s every single game.
  • Me, myself, and I:  Pretty much stopped coughing and blowing my nose at last too.
  • Reading:  Penny.
  • Gratitude’s:  That Poolie’s sister is still donating her perfect and unused books to the shop.


8 comments:

  1. laziness is holding me back. I just don't "feel" up to doing things. Wonder if that new blood pressure medicine has anything to do with that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those meds have depressants in them. Darn it. I know they are adding to my feelings of slowness. They are on my list to talk to my doctor about them on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo. Kinda like how I feel now too, Mage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing ventured, nothing gained....if they don't look like crows you'll know what you did wrong.....right?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colds, ennui, icky weather. It will pass. I'm cold too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I though stasis was perfect equilibrium, nothing moves. Otherwise, the movement cancels the stasis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we're allowed to check out on occasion. And you're only semi checked out if your doing books.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life