March 5, 2018

RUTHLESS




I confess.  I read a lot of mysteries.  New authors poke their way into my consciousness often….unfortunately.   Yes, I have a lot of bookcases, but the one behind the bed is home to the mysteries.  They have overfilled their space.

Yesterday I moved two and a half shelves of history and biography books, there on the end, downstairs.  Yes, I wiped down all the books.  Yes, got those shelves clean too.

Downstairs, I discarded all the very old, high acid science fiction books.  The E Cadell books got a shelf of their own as did the DE Stevenson volumes.  Now there was room for the books from upstairs.  Didn’t you really want to know all this? 

I killed lots of dust bunnies.  Ruthless me.  Cleaned shelves.  Parted with bags of once loved books.  Cathartic.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  At work at six so he can go to the doctor’s with me.  Dear Man.
  • Me, myself, and I:  GP Doc this morning.  A follow up and new prescription visit.
  • Reading:  Nothing at the moment.
  • Gratitude’s:  That there is progress.




13 comments:

  1. My friend Ann is a reader. The back hallway of her house was one long bookcase. I could always find books to read at Ann's. When she did some remodeling, all the books went to St. Vinney's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathartic indeed. Proud of you, maybe it will rub off. I'm incurable, re-reading Crais.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crais is one reason I had to make more space there. LOL

      Delete
  3. My, what tall ceilings you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in the main bedroom. It's turquoise too. In the smaller room next door the ceiling has been lowered to just below seven feet to hold all the new heater stuff. :)

      Delete
  4. Great job! Isn’t it great when you make progress like that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure that you enjoy many happy hours reading in that chair ... or one somewhat like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my grandpa's chair. It's been recovered and slip covered three times since I got it. lol

      Delete
  6. Dust Bunnies are an endangered species.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! That was a lot of work, but it must feel wonderful to be organized and tidy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a very happy feeling. But all the other shelves downstairs are still dirty. LOL

      Delete

postcards

Celebration of Life