May 19, 2018

MEA CULPA



1953



I tried to open the ACS facebook page yesterday morning at 0700, and it wouldn’t open.  It told me that I had “opted out of this Facebook platform.”  I had not done that at all.

I emailed the new boss asking if she had removed me.  I played with every level of facebook I could find.  I talked with the next up boss asking if I had been removed from access.  I went to work and asked everyone at work.  The money man was there and called the next level of boss asking if I were there.  Back and forth all day with me taking it personally.  Even angrily.  I was just awful.

Thinking will always get you in trouble.

I called a tech giant friend, and he had no idea what was happening.  I asked G who was angrily struggling with his own computer programs and had no time for my struggles.  Only just before dinner did I think of asking google about “opting out of facebook.”  Go to “settings” it told me…and who knew that there were two sets of settings.  He finished his struggle and came over to my computer at last.  He found the second set of “settings” solved the problem, and got me back online. 

I told the evening meeting in its calm and pristine setting about my chaotic thinking.  They all laughed.  I didn’t realize that I was being funny at all.  They kept laughing as I kept sharing about what trouble my thinking got me in.  I’m hanging my head now.  Smiling in embarrassment. 

One just cannot blame anyone else when your computer eats itself.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Himself:  My hero.  Even watched a speeded up BBC wedding with me this morning.
  • Herself:  They don’t know I blamed others for my error, but I know.  Loved the speeded up wedding.  Never saw the queen smile.
  • Reading:  A new Perry.
  • Watching:  KPBS’s coverage of the Royal Wedding.
  • Gratitudes:  That while I can be an ass, I can apologize.


13 comments:

  1. Glad your access is resolved. Watched the wedding on the New York Times at a more humane time this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have met the enemy, and he is us...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two levels of setting? I don't know how to grasp this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Computers are so foreign that we have no way of knowing the solution can be so simple and could be our fault. I should have taken time and researched for you and been a help! You group laughing is wonderful therapy even if it makes you a little embarrassed. Life is just one big joke sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know nothing about settings. There’s two levels? Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when clothes looked like this. Back before there were two levels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you solved the problem and that it wasn't a conspiracy:)) I watched a fast forward version of the wedding also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who's the girl in the photo and what happened to her left arm??? It's because you went through the horrid day you did that I now know (and others too) that there are two sets of settings in Google. As others have said, laughter is good medicine. I would have taken it personally as well -- how could you not?? And I have to wonder how the setting for access got turned off -- accident or no, it made for one painfully frustrating day. Glad it was solved eventually and you're back on track once more. Hugs to you... love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's me, it's me and I Photoshopped my arm off along with my mother. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I must ask...what were you holding? It looks as though your hand is missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. My mother and I were standing besides the pool. I photoshopped her out. LOL

      Delete
  11. I hope you enjoyed the speeded up wedding. I watched it all day in lonely splendour and found it to be very emotional.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life