November 26, 2018

A VIGNETTE

           
There Scott and I are, out on the grass in front of Dog Shit Acres.  Three, old, pre-WWII, officers housing buildings that had been floated down from Camp Pendleton to OB.  Real lath and plaster one and two bedroom units.  When I moved in they were poorly cared for leading to their nickname.  I loved the solidity of my two bedroom unit. 

He has a beer in his hands, and I have a glass of wine and a book.  The world is driving by right in front of us or stopping to chat.

Bobbie brought Scott and another sailor home during the sixties.  Paul and I knew him for many years when we lived in IB.  Now here I was, a single mother, and he was living right across the street.  On sunny afternoons or weekends, we could often be seen watching the denizens of OB pass on by.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  At work extra early because he has PT.
  • Myself:  Pool: M,W,F.  Work: Tue, Thurs.  Laundry, cleaning, groceries, errands.  TV: Antiques Roadshow tho I know it is all arranged.
  • Reading:  And old Jonathan Kellerman.
  • Gratitude’s:  Saying Good Morning to my Friend Katy.



6 comments:

  1. I look out the window and smile at my neighbor's lights and decorations. If it's evening and they're lit, I text her a thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the sketches give a glimpse of your life, Mage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took me a minute to realize what you were doing, but I still haven't decoded it all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that we can stay connected through our blogs... love you and G!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life