February 22, 2019

"TURN THE PAGE !


Bob Seger and his wonderful Silver Bullet Band.

George hadn’t made it all the way through the 1983 Bob Seger San Diego tour concert.  He didn't even remember Bob Seger coming on stage.  That was the last day he drank.  When I heard that Bob Seger would be in town on his last tour, I thought it important that G get to go.  I wouldn’t mind going either.

We had been to The Highway Men…nothing better ever.  Just for the fun of it, while I was out at State, we went to the Jimmy Buffett Concert at the OAT…(Open Air Theater.)  Naive me, I didn’t realize the audience could come in costume or dance with rubber, blow-up sharks.  This Bob Seger concert was a sing along, and I sang along too.  Mr. Reserved next to me found his feet dancing and his hands clapping.  Even a little singing too between coughs.
           
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  The Arena was filled with smoke.  Tho he loved the concert, he got only two hours sleep around coughs.  At work now.
  • Myself:  Finished another two drawers the Con-Marie way.  Loved the concert tho some of his music is repetitive.
  • Photo:  I took this at Viejas Center at SDSU.
  • Reading:  ”Spark Joy.”
  • Gratitude’s:  That he got us handicapped seats so he got a real seat and I could sit in the scooter.  The alternative was a bench seat.

7 comments:

  1. Good of you to help make that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you both had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seating is a major gratitude. Good on G, and glad he could enjoy this go round more, smoke or no smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great concert. Thank you for insisting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good time all around, except for the smoke?? It is fun to go back and see our idols.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Glad you got good seats and enjoyed one of my favorite singers. Really wasn't sure he was still around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you could enjoy the concert.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life