March 20, 2019

WHITE

The blue, overcrowded living room.

           
More rain was forecast, but we see only small showers.  I plan to spend my day running up and down stairs.  Unromantic stuff.  The forecast thunder storms bribed me to skip the pool this morning.  Instead I’ll be washing two chairs and the sofa far down  in the garage. 

Once long, long ago someone gave me a white sofa and chair.  Having no money at the time, I fell in love with the idea of color simplicity.  White walls, white furniture, and the bright spots were art supplied by my friend Don DeLlamas.  Over the years I added colored pillows.  Now I have bags and bags of blue and red pillows stashed up in the attic plus way too many pillows in our small living space.

Now that the worst of discarding is over…no, I am not getting rid of the dishes, I want to rearrange the living room back toward some semblance of simplicity.  Yes, white gets dirty.  It gets dirty fast.  Sill I think it time to see more white and less pillows.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Work auditing.  Later working on the details of the boxes.
  • Myself:  Laundry, read, laundry, read, etc.
  • Photo:  2018.
  • Reading:  Park Ranger Anna Pigeon’s 2008 adventures.
  • Gratitude’s:  The Vernal Equinox is at 2:58 PM.

12 comments:

  1. I like white. Why do I seem to attract black cats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Anna Pigeon novels, thanks for the reminder. With my memory they'll be almost like brand new books. almost

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love white furniture, but I am not that crazy. My daughter has light beige with three kids and one dog, she is that crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is nothing but white privilege. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whaite slipcovers can be whipped off and washed at a moments notice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do all the pillows "spark joy"?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do like some big pieces white. Slip covers sounds like a great idea. I enjoyed the Anna Pigeon novels. Wonder if there are any new ones out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are. She still writes about one a year. I like them too.

      Delete
  8. It looks like a cozy place for a chat, Mage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. White washed in light! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life