April 26, 2019

GRATEFUL INDEED

Near the entrance to the convention center is some old fashioned color.

·       Having a cataract removed isn’t as easy as everyone says.  At the surgery pavilion, everyone treated me wonderfully well.  Except, there’s always an except, one nurse who couldn’t put the IV in.  Ah well, another nurse did it in two seconds.  You don’t even have to undress.  I do have a line reflecting into the other eye that’s very distracting.
·       I had not read the instructions completely, stupid me, and had been putting all the drops in my eye from the start.  Nope, 2 drops a day until the last day when I could move on to three drops.  Each vial is $75.00.
·       I liked being awake for most of it.
·       Home is heaven.  The second day it was back to the doctor.  It went well, he said.  My astigmatism is reduced by 50% in that eye.  Lots of other things are much improved too.  Back home to fix dinner and get G to put the living room back the way it was.  I’m not allowed to lift over 20 pounds.  Home is vastly better now.
·       First bout of PT.  I couldn’t walk for three days afterword’s.
·       George.  This man has spoiled me rotten theh last couple of weeks.  I can’t tell you how much I appreciate him.  Brings me breakfast.  Doing the driving.  Lunch yesterday.  Going with me to all my appointments.  I can’t express how grateful I am.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  He’s working really hard but is showing signs of being tired of working for a living.  He retires in less than a year.
  • Myself:  Waiting for the next visit.  Don’t want the stress test at the Cardiologist.  They kill you.  The doctor laughed at me, but that’s what they do.
  • Photo:  Mine, April 2019.
  • Reading:  Still Harry Potter number 3.
  • Gratitude’s:  G, that’s it.

10 comments:

  1. I hate those stress tests too. I thought the last one I had would surely bring an end to me, I can't breathe well anyway. The must be some other way. No laughing, say I grimacing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. George is sure one of the good guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all love George for you, and please tell him so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours!

    You’re doing well, Mage. You are tough and resilient! Have a healing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very positive, and that's a very nice bed of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are all happy for you that you have George. He makes it all much easier for you. They gave me a nuclear stress test and all I had to do was lie on a table. Hope you ace the test.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mother is balking at having her cataracts removed and I'm thinking now maybe it's better not to at her age since she could also suffer a lot of discomfort. I'm falling in love with George myself now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes... yes... I know Art does the same for me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life