May 10, 2019

SMALL EXCITEMENTS



Zoey and George in 2007.
                                                
·       Our calendar is filling up with Zoey things.  There’s her backstage work at the theater…yes we will take her flowers even if we can’t see her on stage.  Then a call yesterday asking if we could come to her graduation from Middle School/Junior High.  Of course we can.   Not only is she the last grandchild to work her way through school, she finally discovered that she could hand in her homework.  Did I mention earlier that  she is on the honor list.
·       Right in front of my computer is a calendar of another sort.  For instance, from May 9 ti May 15, I only use three drops a day of two drugs in my right eye.  The following weeks I use 2 drops for seven days….then one drop….then, the Doctor writes, STOP.  I can’t imagine the freedom.
·       G has finally begun counting holidays until retirement.  The next “holiday” will be Comic Con.  After that we are taking a tiny cruise.  Christmas is next, and after that retirement.  He admits to being very tired of the endless wrecks.  Little amuses him any more on the topic.  
·       Myself:  I have my worktable cleared off.  It took a while for me to find where I quit on the Crow Quilt, but I am there now.  I want to stop at the nearest Cheap store and get some 12”x 7” x 5” boxes for the mess on  the bookcase.  It’s bad.  I want to stop for some new gold thread too.  The cone I have won’t rotate freely.
·       Photo:  I think I took it, but Maybe Margot did.
·       Reading:   The last volume of the Harry Potter series.  This volume 7 dither’s a bit, but as I don’t remember how it ends, I’m almost skimming to find out what’s happening.


7 comments:

  1. I hope the next 8 months or so go quickly for George.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Zoey. The last few months before I retired was a slog sounds like you two have some good breaks planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy all the Zoey events. Such a treat to experience another grandchild growing up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember writing drops on the calendar. It all worked out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crossing my fingers and toes here... Such a beautiful child. I know you're so very proud of her. And rightly so. Hooray for retirement!!! It'll be here before you know it and you'll wonder how you ever found time to work! Heading to Las Vegas tomorrow and then home. Great trip, but home sounds soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a warm and loving picture. Tell George it will happen so fast he will feel lost for a few days.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life