August 27, 2019

SMALL ADVENTURES


                 

Chicago on a rainy day.
                                                
·       We took George to the doctor yesterday for a trigger finger and his “other” knee.  The doc pulled a lot of fluid from the knee, told him to wear his wrappings all the time, and to let me be “fetchit” while he is “step’n”.  The good news about his finger is that by pulling himself up from the toilet this week, something snapped.  She told him that he had performed surgery on himself.  Was the two weeks of agony worth it?  I don’t  know.
·       Hunting for an amusing photo…a dry photo, and not very successfully either.  This one with the rain blanketing Chicago is only amusing when it is really tiny.  Ah well.
·       We came home to no internet and no TV.  That was ok except that I planned on taking a book to bed and watching “Antiques Roadshow” while G was out.  I learn something every time I watch the show.  No show.  After G had been home for a while, Cox told him that we were running again.  We weren’t.  He went downstairs to check out connection boxes in the driveway.  What he discovered was that someone had sawed through the hasp.  The lock was still there.  Someone had unplugged our booster box.  No wonder we had no nada.
·       I slept pretty well again.  What more could one want.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
·       Himself: Working hard.  Thinking about working part time after his retirement.
·       Photo:  Mine: 70th Birthday.
·       Reading:  Linda Castillo’s first Amish Murder.


11 comments:

  1. Glad you figured out the TV problem. I really enjoy LInda Castillo's books except the heroine always gets beaten to a pulp but still manages to find the killer just in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And she is not alone. That first one is a killer.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Happy 70th. You do look younger. Hoping you are done with doctor's visits. G is really smart with this technology stuff. I would have called Cox again and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did.I'm going to be 78 this year. Not done at all, but only have one this week and two next week.

      Delete
  3. vandalism! I’ll never understand it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh! I'm sorry about your booster box. Sheesh! That's terrible!
    Thank you so much for thinking of me, Mage. I'm so touched that you stopped by. It's been a crazy summer, but I'm almost ready to start up again. Like you... so many doctor visits over here for all three of us.
    I really sympathize with George's trigger finger. Mine got cured too... don't know how... but it's cured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did we manage before the internet????

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that he retires fully unless he rally loves the job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What on earth was some one after to saw through the hasp? Just glad you are back in business. I have had a trigger finger for years but I know I don't have George's courage to fix it my self. Kind of use to it now.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life