September 8, 2019

KEEPING STILL



Ever since I found out I had lung cancer, I have been in a holding pattern.  Keeping still.  Reading slowly and understanding the written word as much as I can.  I stopped taking the pill prescribed by the neurologist, and I am at least awake most of the day now.  (I admit to a nap yesterday.)  A little music here, a little TV there.  I can do this if the world isn’t being brutal.

Friend DeAnna wants to visit as do the people from the library.  I’m really only in shape for five minutes here and five minutes there…no long visits please.  After they did my gall bladder, they kept me asleep.  I vaguely remember the room being crowded with people.  I don’t want to do that kind of cacophony again.

Today we have a Costco run….so exciting.  I’ll take a book.  That’ll keep me still.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • This is a link to his blog: Himself:  Watched TV, made bread, and showered.
  • Myself:  Ditto.
  • Photo:  My doodle from the E Ching.
  • Reading:  Mrs. Tim.  The first time I read this, I thought it was boring.  Now that I am fifty years older, the book is charming.
  • Gratitude’s:  G in Everything.



17 comments:

  1. Protect your energy and hold to your limits, everyone will understand in their own time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking it easy sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lung cancer? Oh Mage... I agree with Celia. Take care of yourself please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought a copy, to enjoy it with you.
    Love from Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a dear friend in the hospital and in talking to mutual friends we discovered everyone felt it was o.k. to go to the hospital to visit him. I told one friend last night that someone as ill as our friend is needed all the peace and quiet they could get and hospitals aren't known for either one. I send cards and allow the ill person the peace, quiet and privacy they deserve. Hugs and healing love to you. T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or you can just stick your head in the door with a green plant in hand.

      Delete
  6. People want to show their love and visit and talk and forget that when one is healing all we need is a nice bouquet or a card and a very quick visit. Just think how you are loved, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true, everyone thinks they have to make you laugh or smile and sometimes, you just want to sleep. Tabor is right, cards and flowers go a long way. I rarely heed my own advice when visiting a loved one. Forgive them, they totally mean well and only want to help. Pretending to sleep often helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Pretending to sleep is the solution.

      Delete
  8. i'm assuming you like going to Costco? To me, that would be like a trip to hell, and then If I was feeling poorly, I would really be miserable. You are a trooper.

    Yes, visits, the best kind are when the visitor shows up with dinner, hands it to the person answering the door, and wishing everyone well, quickly departs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like going to costco because I ride in one of their skooters. They have all the latest books too. :)

      Delete
  9. Hope all goes well for you on your Costco visit. Enjoy the books and have a relazing day out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lightning Costco strike, in & out

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life