June 22, 2020

NO HOARDING




Rather than go through carrying things downstairs, we are still upstairs going through boxes.   He admitted to his friends that he is a packrat.  Bin after box of the most amazing things like my parents big, metal scissors, or a package of my mother’s slightly worn and rusty needles with a moving company on the cover appears.  I must tell you that he isn’t making as many bad jokes today as he did yesterday.

Now that I am home and doing better, the get-well-cards have stopped arriving.  Darn.  I’ve become selfish and can admit that I really enjoyed each and every one of them.  I saved them all to a folder prosaically called cards. 

George is over there on the other side of the desk sorting things.  Every once in a while he passes something over the top of the monitors.  A folding traveling hairbrush, a picture of a Granddaughter as a paperweight, and an analog-Radio Shack TV of about 3 inches total.  Out went two bags of trash.  No more being a hoarder, he says loudly.

We are almost home free.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  The day is cold and cloudy.  I can see the edge of the wall of fog over G’s shoulder.
  • Myself: Not as thoroughly anti hoarding as G.
  • Reading:  Some of the mysteries BDMK sent my way.
  • Photo:  “Star of India.”
  • Gratitude’s:  For sill getting the house almost back together.




8 comments:

  1. You are back together again. I’d say home free already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hard to let go of stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you are working together on what goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have the time and energy to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cleaning and sorting is what all of us baby boomers are doing. Our kids do not want this stuff and it will go to a landfill someday. Although with your family history...there may be treasure in those boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep encouraging the downsizing. It is a tough job. I still have a paperweight that features moi as a first grader.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Pack-Rats-R-Us" Old habits die hard.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life