July 26, 2020

NO EXPECTATIONS

I went into  this first Virtual Comic Con with no expectations.  Much to my surprise, I discovered everything but the crowds at hand much the same.  I came home much cheered.  The flight in the first virtual air ship was perfect.   Later the Panel on Art of the Holocaust was even better.  George tells me that this wasn’t quite as good as a regular Comic Con.  He missed the people and the over-the-topness of it all.



Spending four days at home with headphones on, isn’t the same as going into the walls of noise.  I add to the cacophony with my warning cowbell as I push through the crowded isles.  A lot of folks tell me that they wish they had thought of a cowbell too.  But they didn’t.  George did. 

 









4 comments:

  1. It seems surprisingly successful all in all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you are able to enjoy this with no threat to your health. Interesting the creativity Covid has spawned for us shut ins. Been watching baseball with cardboard fans and fake crowd noises. Not the same but better than none at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks perfect from my vantage point. What great ways there are to bring experiences to people today! You experienced the essence of it without the danger of Covid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what is going on and what you are doing, but you're enjoying it, and that was the real goal.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life