December 27, 2020

HOPE

It’s a cold grey day outside.  Tomorrow afternoon a heavy downpour will drench us all and keep on going till everyone gets a good dose.  We haven’t had even a dusting of dampness this year when last year we had over five inches.  I’m looking forward to this.  I’m hoping for this.

We sat warm and comfy this last Sunday of 2020 watching CBS Sunday Morning.  They tried to interject a bit of humor into the hour and a half of obits, but I sat there and used the tail of a clean sheet to wipe away the tears.  Even my usual chocolate muffin couldn’t raise my spirits.

Now an hour later, the thought of a hot shower and a hugs from George gives me hope for a less depressing day.  We are staying at home.  We are behaving.  This evening George is doing a reading at the evening meeting.  He has a shirt, tie and coat ready.  On his bottom, he will be wearing sweats.  That too gives me hope that humor will carry the day.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

<A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>  Family: I hope his brother will let us know if everyone there is ok.

Myself:  Pretty good, except I got dressed for the day before I showered.

Reading:  Obama…I’m taking this in small bites.

Watching:  PBS.

Photo:  A Family at Comic con.

Gratitude’s:  For everything including my leaky eyes.

 

11 comments:

  1. This is such a great photo. They really went into detail. We just watched that movie recently too because we were at Petra many years ago. I had to laugh because there's no secret passageway at the Petra Treasury.

    Hour and a half of obits? Wow! That is really sad. I've had a difficult month myself. We'll get through this Mage. I'm glad G is there to provide those hugs. I'm sending you one from here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about Sunday Morning obits. They left me with tears and a tight throat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so grateful for you Mage that is is not this time a year ago. Those were dark days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am glad that this isn't this time last year. I was so very worried about you, and knowing the risk of COVID-19 infection was high, you were in a very dangerous situation. Blessings to you and George (I can just picture him in his 50/50 smart/casual look!) stay safe... Love and hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have survived another Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a happy, healthy and peaceful new year. I really hope we will all be experiencing a wonderful year. Best wishes, Mage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are both staying busy in spite of the COVID and that is a good thing. I have lost no one close to the disease, but I worry about others that I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how long did it take to go through 360,000 names? oh, I know, not those obits. we're due rain from a front coming in, maybe tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life