Herself: Stuff done, calls made, stitches out, scanning done, and a really good dinner cooked and eaten. Its back to soup and salad today. Less inflammation this morning and less pain at last. As usual, the morning struggle with the router has begun. Snapfish did admit it was their problem with the grey box images, and that problem has been fixed. Progress. Today: More stuff done.
Caught my attention: Almost 75,000 lost their jobs yesterday with all the companies folding and the layoffs. It’s Australia Day…….1788 to 2009 the 26th.
1. Started my own blog: Not fully mine but blog using OD and Blogger software.
2. Slept under the stars: Yes, oh yes.
3. Played in a band: Oh yes, at least I thought I did. LOL Have another glass of wine.
4. Visited Hawaii: Flew over to celebrate my graduation from college and see my youngest daughter.
5. Watched a meteor shower. Aren’t they magic?
6. Given more than I can afford to charity. Once or twice.
7. Been to Disneyland/world: Yes, and it is time to go again as it is 2 fer 1 time again for the locals.
8. Climbed a mountain: But not all the way to the top as Wintersong answered too.
9. Held a praying mantis: Nope…… missed that. Held a stick bug once tho.
10. Sung a solo. Nope, but sung in the choir at St. Paddy’s in New York one Christmas in early the ‘60s.
11. Bungee jumped: Perish the thought. Perish me.
12. Visited Paris: for my 60th. Liked London more. Paris was on strike.
13. Watched lightning at sea: Nope, but seen a green flash once.
14. Taught myself an art from scratch: Yes, lots.
15. Adopted a child: Nope, but Many of the G’kids were adopted by wonderful folks.
16. Had food poisoning: Twice……..or thrice.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty: No, darn it.
18. Grown my own vegetables: yes, and they were so much better tasting.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France: No. The museums were all on closed because of the strike.
20. Slept on an overnight train: Many times cross America, and lately up the west coast. Love it.
21. Had a pillow fight: What fun, yes. Feathers…….achooooooo.
22. Hitchhiked: Once that I remember. Very sad. Very drunk.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill: Probably when young, but not in the last 30 some years…even with hangovers.
24. Built a snow fort: Nope, not in this desert.
25. Held a lamb: Nope.
26. Gone skinny dipping: Yes indeed.
27. Run a Marathon: No, thank you.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice: Not been there yet.
29. Seen a total eclipse: Yes, breathtaking.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset: Often, I get up at 0430.
31. Hit a home run: No…….LOL I’m the least physical person you know.
32. Been on a cruise: The only way to travel…take your hotel with you.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person: No darn it. First Hub drove right on by.
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors: Not the villiage in Britain, but I’ve been to Milwaukee.
35. Seen an Amish community: No, but I’ve seen their quilts.
36. Taught myself a new language: nope…….languages and me don’t seem to work.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied: Once.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person: Not yet.
39. Gone rock climbing: No. That wouldn’t be smart.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David: Not the real one.
41. Sung karaoke: You don’t want me to do that.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt: Maybe next year.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant: Nope………oh, I am hopeless.
44. Visited Africa: Not yet.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight: Yes. That’s so cool.
46. Been transported in an ambulance: No, and don’t want to.
47. Had my portrait painted: Yes, thrice by two artists. I own two of the pieces.
48. Gone deep sea fishing: He used to.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person: Not yet.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris: Yes, simply wonderful. The whole place is magic.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling: Nope.
52. Kissed in the rain: Yes.
53. Played in the mud: Yes.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater: Yes, lots when there were more of them.
55. Been in a movie: Nope…….don’t know how I missed this one.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China: I haven’t finished Europe yet.
57. Started a business: Yes, and it was hard work.
58. Taken a martial arts class: Tai Chi count? LOL
59. Visited Russia: Mother went.
60. Served at a soup kitchen: Yes……pulled the foods off the shelves and washed the pots and pans.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies: Yes, I wasn’t a success.
62. Gone whale watching: Seen them from up on top of the Point.
63. Got flowers for no reason: He thinks so.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma: Yes, often when I was in the Army.
65. Gone sky diving: Nononono!
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp: I don’t know how I would hold up, but I will.
67. Bounced a check: Never on purpose. Never in 40 years.
68. Flown in a helicopter: Many miles.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy: In a box in the garage. I shouldn’t have washed her.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial: Yes……magic.
71. Eaten caviar: Nope, but G loves it.
72. Pieced a quilt: Several…..in the process right now.
73. Stood in Times Square: Yes.
74. Toured the Everglades: I’ve never been to Florida.
75. Been fired from a job: Twice.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London: Not yet…….imagine. G did tho.
77. Broken a bone: Yes, several
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle: Yes. Not a safely driven speeding motorcycle either.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person: Absolutely. Oh, I want to go back.
80. Published a book: Nope, but I will
81. Visited the Vatican: When I go to Italy.
82. Bought a brand new car: Yes, Grumpy was new as was the Chevy station wagon and the Datsun 1600/Fairlady.
83. Walked in Jerusalem: Not yet.
84. Had my picture in the newspaper: Yes, several times in several papers.
85. Read the entire Bible: Yes, very like business letters.
86. Visited the White House: No, I missed that when I was there.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating: No.
88. Had chickenpox: Yes.
89. Saved someone’s life: Yes, youngest daughter who fell in the mouth of the slough and was being swept out to sea. I saw her arm and grabbed it.
90. Sat on a jury: No
91. Met someone famous: Yes.
92. Joined a book club: Yes, three.
93. Lost a loved one: Yes, an awful lot of loved ones.
94. Had a baby: Two.
95. Seen the Alamo in person: Nope.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake: Nope, but I have flown over it and driven by it.
97. Been involved in a law suit: No….thank you.
98. Owned a cell phone: Yes, it’s my safety net when I drive my old truck.
99. Been stung by a bee: Yes, a very bad thing.
100. Ridden an elephant: Yes, at the zoo.