August 25, 2010

Up and Down




Hull of the American Pride, 2009.



Yesterday and Today

Himself: Waited by his computer much of the day for the trainer to appear. Trainer finally said training would appear at 10 today so he can make it to the pool first thing. He is being paid to wait so is smiling about it all.

Herself: with the quilt blog too: Swam, worked on sonnet, lunch, books….we are almost out so the sale will end soon, cut quilt pieces, errands including library, cleaned living room, read, loved that sort of day and got a lot done. Way too much lemon in the salad. Ewwwww…..

Herself: …and the quilt blog too: Swam, worked on sonnet, lunch, books….we are almost out so the sale will end soon, cut quilt pieces, errands including library, cleaned living room, read, loved that sort of day and got a lot done. Way too much lemon in the salad. Ewwwww…..

My Babylonian Captivity: Do stop in and read Tugster's newest blog. For Tugster was captured in Iran when Iraq invaded, and this is the story of that time. He also updates each entry with news notations of that time.

Gratitude: about that poem.

  • Amazing…..our ISP is partially down. The service is working, but the home page is down. Open Diary, that first hive blogging site on the internet where I blog as Day Tripper, seems to have been down since yesterday also. I’m used to OD being down, tho lately it has been more up than down. The first few years, it was always up and down, then it suffered a wicked denial of service attack that drove me to make a mirror site on Blogger. Now both my blogs have developed their own identities. Until things crash, it is easy to forget how fragile the internet is really.


  • Not only did I slice and dice bits of fabric yesterday, I tried to write a poem about it. Early on, I gave up rhyming the stanzas. Late into the evening, I could be found thumping the desk trying to get a sense of my words vs the iambic pentameter. Often I felt lost. Not lost tho with the “intent.” It was one of those “state your thesis, state it in a slightly different manner, and state it lastly in a conclusion, then hit your audience over the head in the last two lines.” Kaboom. The Geezer laughed and I was content.


  • Festival of Sail: It’s that time of year again. Last year, because of budget constraints….isn’t that a nice way to put it, we had no Festival of Sail. This year we are having a much smaller version of the show with much smaller ships to show off. If you live somewhere in Southern California, do stop by. Bring the kids or grandkids. You can find us September 2 through the 6th peering into interesting ship corners with our camera’s in tow.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your poetry, Maggie. Have a great day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your poetry, Maggie. Have a great day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not the end result, but the process you should focus on Mage! After all, "Geezer laughed" made it all worthwhile, right? I think to myself (who else would I think to?) "what would I do?" and I know what it would be. I'd switch to simple list poetry. Trouble is, that wouldn't give my brain much of a workout, would it? Good luck with your poem making!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life