- The curtains: Not a good choice in fabrics. With the sun behind them, they look yellow green. With the light in the room, they look beige. Only when you are close do you see the turquoise. At night, they go well with the room. Disappointed is the word - visually. They sure do keep the room warmer tho as we don’t get the new windows till next year.
- The presents are bought and wrapped. The only time we went to the mall this season was to see “Sherlock Holmes.” We loved it, as you knew we would. We did buy from Target, online, and various thrift stores. G repaired my two camera’s- twice, and this week we had to replace our phones this week. I appreciate being brought into the 21st century phone wise, but I’m not pleased at the added expense.
- Remembering to email the friend now that she has reminded me what she wanted. Remembering to mail one granddaughters gift and remind one more time one grandson that we don’t have his address. Remembering that the desert needs to be made one day ahead of time….that’s today.
- Not Gratitudes: I forget then delegate to G. He forgets. We are not a fine pair when it comes to the grandkids this Christmas. Sadness over returned Christmas Cards.
- Gratitudes: Lists they get me through…only ham and lettuce to pick up for tomorrow. We are as well as we can be. We are alive and laugh often. We are able to give back to our communities and help others. We are sober. I mean, what more could one want….lettuce today?
December 23, 2011
Friday Christmas Lite (EDIT)
Peter in front of a wall sculpture. We were invited up to Peter Knego’s home to see the latest installation. Abstract flat ...
Torrey Pines above the ocean. Torrey Pines slough. I love the world I see from the train. The great sw...
I must confess what you already knew…I’m a slob. I take jewelry off and put it in a pot on top of my dresser. I don’t just t...
From “Trappings” a show at the Mingei Museum, 2017. When I was a kid, many horse in our holiday parades wore decorated saddles like ...