I like getting official notice that my breast is clean of cancer. I like hearing that my boss came through her lumpectomy just fine. I like intimate details like that in my daily life. Now we are getting a little more intimate with the baptism of our youngest granddaughter Zoe.
G has been asked to be the godfather. His godfatherly job will to be to take care of her soul. The internet tells us:
1. Pray for your godchild regularly
2. Set an example of Christian living
3. Help him/her to grow in the faith of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, in which he was baptized
4. Give every encouragement to follow Christ and fight against evil
5. Help your godchild to look forward to confirmation.
A very intimate task indeed.
Life is Really in the Footnotes: