· Something in me woke Thursday. Today I am a sharper clearer person for some reason. Maybe it’s because I feel a poem grinding away somewhere in me.
· It’s Cinco de Mayo…the fifth of May. It’s not a major holiday down in Mexico, not at all. Wikipedia tells us that it, “commemorate(s) the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza.” Gringo’s all over the country drink the night away thinking that it is an important holiday. “Cinco de Drinko” George calls it.
· The Derm Doc is young and careful. I was impressed. It seems I have a couple of nasty precancerous spots, one dubious spot needing a biopsy, and acres of skin needing expensive creams, lotions, and potions. I agreed before I even walked in his door that my skin had had it. He agreed I was doing the right stuff for the red leg. I was much reassured.
· George has soft tissue damage, and a partially torn meniscus. Right now Aleve, cold, and heat. Shots if it doesn’t heal. Last resort surgery.
· Steven Hawking revises the dooms day clock from a thousand years to 100 years. That piece of news gave me a lot to think about. At 1000 years, there’s time to do something about the world condition. At 100 years, some of my great grandchildren will be fighting to get off planet….those still alive.
· Last night, tacos at the almost empty Brig after both docs. Quiet day here this morning. I get to run up and down stairs doing the laundry. It will be good for me as I was the one who spilled her morning coffee on the bed. Rotating the mattress today too so there will be no more leg disasters. Writing, tidying, meeting, out to dessert and not losing weight. There’s a little creativity in life as my hand is getting stronger every day.
Himself: Hot tub, work, Elevate, weekend anticipation.
Herself: Used very expensive cream on all the precancerous stuff.
Reading: Finally reading Katherine Graham’s “Washington.”
3 Things Done Well Yesterday:Didn’t eat too much, Apologized for something I said on Facebook, took some good pictures at the Shop
Gratitudes: That the leg and hand are healing up.