August 24, 2017

A VISIT


Dixie and I in 2003

The days are grey.  We make plans to take the train north to see Dixie.  If we wait a year she might not remember us.  The thought of seeing her brightens my day but frightens me too.  I talk with youngest daughter about this in a delightful long conversation.  She will find a semi cheap motel near her apartment.

“I won’t let you in to my apartment,” daughter told me.  “I hate it, and so I am a slob.  I don’t take care of it.”

I’ve written Dixie.  I’ve phoned, but I feel that I just leave messages into a void.  I’m hoping the son she lives with tells her when I call.  I’m hoping her son will let us pick her up and take her to lunch the two days we are up there.  Making arrangements into the cold grey air really isn’t satisfactory, but it’s what I have.

This hasn’t been a sunny warm summer at all.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….        

  • Himself:  He’s been working hard.  He’s also been working hard at the gym.
  • Herself:  Slacking on the diet.  Tonight a cookie.  Tomorrow a BBQ.
  • Poolie:  Slightly better Wednesday but very fragile.  Thursday she was just terrible...very dizzy and bloated.
  • Reading:  Another old Cadell…about to where my brain is at…needing hand holding and this will do.
  • Gratitude’s:  That G and I are doing so well.

7 comments:

  1. Hope you can see Dixie. Hope Poolie continues to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of our AZ neighbor two doors away whom I've only sent one card to and called once. Too easy to forget her when things have been so upside down here. Notwithstanding, as your post reminds me, she may not remember me. She didn't remember me at first the time I spoke with her on the phone. I've been super tired lately -- slept 14 hrs all told last night -- went to bed at 8:30 p.m.; awake at midnight and then immediately back to bed and asleep; woke at 7:30 when the other half arose for the day--went directly back to sleep and didn't rise until almost 11:00 a.m. Don't feel as though I'm caught up at all in my sleep. :/ Too many worries right now... The big "S" for stress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great visit with Dixie and so sorry Poolie has had a rough spell.Hope that is over with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard getting older and having friends face more difficult challenges. My garden helper finally lost her husband after two years of painful Alzheimer's. My other friend had her daughter and two children move in with her as her second marriage also seems to be to a man that does not pay the bills. She went through this with the first husband years ago. What is going on? And then you know my issues, which will be splayed out naked on Saturday, but certainly not resolved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many I know seem to be going through agonies these days. I don't know what's going on....do more of us have cancer? Do more of us have flakes for husbands? I'm so sorry about the coming Saturday, but bringing things into the fresh air usually helps. Lots of hugs from here,.

      Delete
  5. You must have had trouble getting that photo up since I could see two other efforts in Feedly before this one with the photo. I sometimes see two tries from you but usually not three. Anyway, I hope the trip and visit go as well as possible.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life