August 28, 2017

NOT AT ALL THE USUAL SPICINESS


·       I worry and have nightmares about our friend Poolie.  The vertigo continues with the resulting nausea and dizziness keeping her immobile.  A few days ago, even moving her head to speak, upset her stomach terribly.  A tiny bit better yesterday.  Now vastly worse today.
·       Reading and quilting, that’s me.  A friend asked me the other day what I had been up to, and when I finished the litany even I felt amazed.  Up at 0545.  Read and watch news for half an hour.  Walk, swim, eat breakfast, read blogs…yes, I do…or quilt then lunch and nap.  Not that I want to nap, mind you.  Sew, fix dinner, eat, do something with the Great G, read, and Netflix.  Bed at 10.  I need more hours in my day, but I dare not think that at all.
·       I’m making time to write today, but there won’t be time to read.  “Stewart’s “Maggie’s Farm” is playing on the radio.  I should be able to put one of the remaining pieced strips together today if I don’t read any of you.  It’s really ugly…and very strong.  Sometimes I have no idea what I am doing, but at least all the colors work.
·       Speaking of working.  Since I never signed up to go back to school, the guilt won.  I asked the new boss lady if I would be needed on my old schedule.  So now I am working on Friday’s once again. 
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….        
  • Himself:  Gym and working at his overcrowded Monday queue.  Meeting tonight.
  • Poolie:  Very vertagoish yesterday while trying on assorted hats and wigs.  Today her friend Pam visited and called 911.  She's back in the hospital where she should have been in the first place.  We are on our way...1605.
  • Reading:  Finished the excellent Mizushima Alaskan mystery and now reading the “Y” is for Yesterday.”  Did I ever tell you that I disliked books that jump from time to time period and person to person.  Finally the new Stabanow arrived.
  • Gratitude’s:  That we can help when called.

5 comments:

  1. Poolie has quite a spirit from what you've described! Sending hugs for your friend, Mage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep breaths....deeeeeeep breaths. I hope Poolie recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to get into quilting again - not that I was ever very good at it. I'd love to see pictures of your current projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Up at 0545"

    So, you're sleeping in.

    Kidding, but it feels like that today because I couldn't sleep past 4 and even earlier really. This doesn't please me greatly. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry Poolie is having such a struggle. Hope they can give her relief soon.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life