August 14, 2017

MONSOONAL PICNIC


Three nice guys.


Choices.


Bosses.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were some of the quietest days I remember in forever and ever.  He bought and installed a new garbage disposal.  I read.  He ordered a screen door for the back door; I read while I waited. We ran errands and I read.  Lots of puttering on the computer.  Actually we did nothing of any importance.

Food, food, food:  Thursday night we had some super good tacos.  Friday we ate at IKEA…it’s always good even their chocolate cake.  Saturday we had his company picnic.  He suggested the spot, but a monsoon blew a chill wind through plus there was no parking.  Everyone was politely miserable.  The luau food was good tho cold after moments.  Sunday eggs were good out, and dinner was bare bones to make up for the guilt.  Sunday night our choice for “Top Chef” won sending us to bed with a smile.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….        

  • Himself:  Gym.  Work, work, work, and a late meeting.
  • Herself:  All those Monday things….the laundry went in before I headed to the pool.  Groceries, sewing, cooking, et al.
  • Reading:  A very fluffy Churchill mystery.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I can laugh at myself.


5 comments:

  1. We went for a lunch in the park and got the only rain that has fallen in months, not much rain, and I'm not sorry. :-) Nice food and good company always a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about all the rain but lucky you to get in so much reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had rain this year, Mage. A big change from the drought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did 4 loads of laundry today -- all the sheets from downstairs are clean and ready to go back down in the dumbwaiter. Have kept the doors and windows open all day today -- 80 deg. on the deck, but the breeze cooled everything down to a very pleasant degree. Actually sat out on the deck and read. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life