March 8, 2018

LETTING GO



Niki St. Phalle’s “Le Poete et sa muse."

I need to do a lot more letting go.  I can easily let my fear of failure fill my days.  I can forget all I have learned and let these fears take over…which is what I have let them do with the big crow quilt.

So today I set out to start quilting then let myself be distracted by longtime friend Claudia.  She seems to be dragging a bit.  She’s a lot more tired than I have ever seen her.  She’s always perky, she is always going fifty miles an hour hiking, biking, seeing the world…leaving the rest of us behind.  Not today.

We went out for coffee.  Mocha in my case.  Tall double latte for her…that should jump start her.  I came home to do all my online stuff, stay out of my housekeepers way, and quilt.  Very unromantic, but if my crows look like crows , I will be so very pleased.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Taking tomorrow off all day.  Oh, how fun.
  • Me, myself, and I:  Today: pool and quilt at lasst.  Tomorrow: CT, work, new doc.  Yup.
  • Reading:  Ordered the last Inspector Gamache mystery…reading the next to last.
  • Sharing: Niki St. Phalle in San Diego
  • Gratitude’s:  That I had coffee with my friend Claudia this morning.


10 comments:

  1. Good company can sometimes quiet those negative inner voices. Wishing you peace Mage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don’t let those crows get you down, Mage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia needed you, then the crows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be a bit sad when you come to the end of Gamache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've ordered the latest one, and a new one is coming out in November. :)

      Delete
  5. I hope Claudia stops by the Doctor's if she doesn't get her energy back. Failure...we have done that a ton of times in our life, don't worry, you will spring back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Failure is always with me because of my learning disabilities. I usually can work my way around it. Welcome home. :)

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry you have to worry about your learning disabilities, Mage, but you are so super talented in so many ways with so much courage... you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life