June 1, 2018

BASEBALL IS....

 
We will be sitting right up there by the red Toyota sign.

“Baseball is belly belly good to me,” says Chico Esquilla on Saturday Night live.

And it was for a while.  On occasion, I got to go out at field level on my break from work.  I could watch the crowds, the men thwack the ball and run as if their lives depended on it.  George used to have season tickets.  He’d come meet me at my gate, and we could go home together. 

For the last few years, we have not had season tickets.  I know he loves baseball…but no season tickets.  There was some good conversations with like-minded folks up in the nosebleed section at $16.50.  I missed them when we didn’t go with any regularity.  His boss began rewarding him with use of his seats.  I liked sitting down on field level…..$118.to $47.50. 

Saturday we are going to the ball park.  Another like-minded group of folks got discount tickets for Toyota Terrace, from $34.00 to $80.00, for us all.  Usually they are seventy bucks.  We paid far less.  I’ve been gone long enough now that most of the employees don’t recognize me.  I recognize them tho.

This is going to be fun.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Himself:  Friday work is usually Friday lite. 
  • Herself:  Had a great visit with a trainer and came out of it with Gentle tips for the ribs.  Dried new pants, and G says to consider them compression pants.
  • Reading:  Hillerman.
  • Watching:  Of all things, we found ourselves watching ‘America’s Got Talent” and having a great time.  We both disagree with how they pick the finalists. 
  • Gratitudes:  Chocolate ice cream.  LOL


19 comments:

  1. How I used to love going to ball games with my grandma. Upper level, behind first base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where we will be...upper level behind home plate thinking of you.

      Delete
  2. Ah-h-h baseball! Memories — I used to get tickets to our TV station’s box for a major league farm team when the salesmen weren’t using them. I was dating the guy I eventually wed who had enjoyed baseball even more than I did as he had played a lot in high school, American Legion teams before illness curtailed his active sports participation. Glad you enjoyed the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have fun later today. My husband was a really good pitcher for many years.

      Delete
  3. Oh how I'd love to see a live game again. Baseball gets me through summer. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday's game was a really good one. It's time you get to one too.

      Delete
  4. Hi Mage, I tried to leave a comment about 3-4 times and it didn’t work on my MacBook, so I thought I’d try on my iPad. Let’s see if this works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so weird. Why in the world would it not work on my MacBook, but works on iPad? Ahhh well... technology can drive you crazy. My comment that didn’t go through just mentioned how Art and the kids are BIG into baseball where I’m rather clueless except when my son was in Little League. I’m really hoping for a good season for the Cubs though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm mostly clueless too, but going with G and his friends yesterday was a delight.

      Delete
  6. I love Chocolate ice cream! Had Chocolate cheesecake from CostCo today, along with Mexican Chili and a single sliver of cheese and chicken pizza. Wonderful lunch goodies from fellow quilters. I took my latest project to share and because I shared, I won a quilt kit! My first ever quilt kit! Going to be fun making it. I almost called you earlier this evening ... glad I didn't for I know after reading this post I wouldn't have found you at home. Hopefully, my saga will have resolved itself by the time I see you next Sunday. Huggers ... me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We too have guests, but when they are gone, I might try to phone you. That word "saga" frightens me a bit.

      Delete
  7. Suddenly I am singing 'Take Me Out to the Ball Game' in my head. I am having a memory, probably false, of hearing it when I was a kid at grampa's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were singing loudly yesterday and enjoying every note.

      Delete

postcards

Celebration of Life