October 27, 2018

EVERYDAY THINGS

           
·       Scheduling:  We are going to be busy these next few weeks.  Today Bobbie is coming and bringing the scroll for which she wants George to build boxes.  Breakfast too.  A friend from the store has invited me to lunch on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday I will shuffle books at the UH Friends of the Library, Wednesday The Derm Doc is going to slice another patch off my leg, and George is going to have knee surgery next week.
·       Knee surgery and we live in a three story condo.  In the beginning, he can scoot up and down stairs on his rear for appointments.  I can bring dinner up and down…oh we need a dumb waiter.  I can’t see that materializing, but boy that would be helpful.
·       Zoe is taking Theater and loves it.  Her teacher is scrounging for fabrics and costume things.  I’m donating old sheets and Comic Con Costumes.  Donating Magazines to the Cerebral Palsy lab where Margot works.
·       NOJOMO:  I’m not really participating in November Journal Month this year.  My apologies, but I seem to have posted an entry a day this month instead…with little response on Blogger.  Some of you have really enjoyed my doodles and drawings, and I thank you very much.
·       Reading:  Michael Palin’s “Around the World in 80 Days.”  I asked G if he could find the TV episodes, and he came up with 19 discs for 16 bucks on eBay.  That’s all of his shows, but probably not his newest. 
·       Gratitudes:  Let me tell you that I am grateful to have friends.  I am grateful to have a roof over my head.  I am grateful to play with books, own an old truck, and be able to laugh at absurdites and fun things.  I’m especially grateful for many of the everyday things. Just today life is good.

7 comments:

  1. We also live in a townhouse, albeit just two stories, but any sort of surgery like that would be problematic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very much to be thankful for isn't there? I wish the man in your life a speedy recovery..for both your sakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might want to find a place for George on one floor that has bed, chair, and bathroom. At least for a couple of weeks. I've had friends who had knee replacement surgery and they could not manage steps for those first weeks. Then, after a bit of rehab therapy sessions, they could manage just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The upstairs floor has bed and TV, all his computer, and the main bathroom. We put all the adaptive stuff in the house when I had my hip replaced, so if he can inch his way up the stairs, he will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes for the knee surgery and recovery. Sounds like you have it all set up. I left my house for an everything on one floor condo with fingers crossed that I never have to move again, only if I want to :-) And
    I have really enjoyed your sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really do have a busy time ahead which will get busier as George recovers. Take care you two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee, you really are up for some challenges — don't want to make it too easy now, do you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life