August 18, 2019

VOLUNTEER PICNIC

Newly donated Vietnam era Jeep on display at the volunteer picnic

Neither G nor I had the energy to fix food for the picnic, so we bought a carrot cake at Vons.  Everybody likes carrot cake.  We arrived on time for the food, and somebody made a magic potatoe salad.  That was all gone by the time I reached it as was the carrot cake. 

I ate, I schmoozed, and eventually the cold winds chased me away from socialites.  I read quietly in Grumpy’s front seat while the picnicker’s faded away and the paid people broke down the tables and chairs.  I dozed too.  Good stuff dozing.  Then home to find a wonderful photo book about San Diego from my librarian friend Katy.  Thank you Katy!!!!

The paper bag wrapping for the book contained this additional note….perhaps for her kids….
“Wed.
Garden(s) watered last night.
Goats and Jaeger got double food this a.m.  Water buckets full.
…………….Veggie Burgers
…………….3? hamburger patties
…………….buns in your freezer.
………………XOXO”

Looks like love fer sure.


Volunteer owned 1972/73 Ford Pantera.


5 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a wonderful time -- I commiserate with you on missing out on that potato salad and the carrot cake! That happens to me all too often at potlucks! Someone brings a really outstanding dish that I've never seen and voila! it's gone before you know it (or I've reached the point where I can sample it). Thank you so very much for your one word sentence advice. So wonderful to have you as my friend in this life... Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love potlucks. Next year elbow to the head of the line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, love that Ford Pantera. That magic potato salad really must have been magic.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life