January 10, 2021

TOMATO SOUP

 


 As the days grow colder, it feels like time for tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches….on fresh bread of course.  George makes great bread.

Despite the fact that the rabble promises two more bits of chaos, I’m not spending my time wallowing in worry.  I confess a retreat to comfort food and comfort books.  A cheese omelet and a bit more Obama.  Or perhaps a simple green salad and a bit of Longmire.  Warmth helps. 

The nodules in both lungs are too small to biopsy, so we wait another few months before another CT scan.  In comfort, of course.  George is wonderful.  

I switch my watch band from khaki to red thinking I need to be a little more dashing this day.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

<A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>  Ralphs and correct an order.

Myself:  Pull out Bobbies quilt and consider it.

Reading:  Longmire.

Watching:  The movie Dave.  Made us laugh.

Photo:  George took it.

Gratitude’s:  A George Chocolate muffin for breakfast today.

 

13 comments:

  1. The muffins did come out much better than the first batch a couple months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really gorgeous looking, perfect loaf of bread. George is a talented baker.
    I had nodules in my thyroids. They told me they couldn't do a needle biopsy because they could still miss it so they removed everything. They said they found a little something.... buuuut... I'm still wondering if it was necessary. I think your doctors are being more cautious than my doctors were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister just had nodules taken from her sinus. She is in so much pain.


    I love the movie "Dave". One of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous loaf of bread. Keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. grilled cheese and tomato soup...yum. I made cauliflower soup yesterday. nice and creamy and good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what I had for lunch yesterday. It's my favorite combo for soup and sandwich. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful loaf of bread. My grandson got pretty god with the bread machine, so he has one at his apartment now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful looking loaf of bread. Bet it was good! And with tomato soup and grilled cheese. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How strange... I know I posted a comment on your blog but I don't see it. :/ I have my first loaf of bread machine bread almost done baking. I saw your loaf and knew I needed to get hot and make some bread! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, now you have me craving a toasted cheese and some tomato soup. Those two marry so well. Enjoy yours.
    Let's hope those nodules stay small and innocent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...fresh bread. We could not find any yeast in the stores, so when I felt I could see if I could bake bread, it had to be fast bread. You guys know how to shelter in place. Are we not a lucky people in spite of it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are. Bottom line, try Target for yeast. LOL We ended up at Target for shower scrub.

      Delete

postcards

Celebration of Life