March 14, 2010

Stuff, Orts, and Life




Waiting to get in to the Thursday Club’s annual sale. 2010.



Himself: Donuts, stood in line and chatted happily. Bought ties and three shirts, lunch, worked till four, Thai dinner.

Herself: Ditto, bought cookbooks and a bag to carry them home in, plus a nap while he worked. I’m sleeping vastly more now that the steroids have worn off. I should stay out of G’s depression, but it’s a hard thing to do. His optomistic start to this job search life has devolved into isolation and depression. I find that I cannot let this happen without some action on my part. Counting Ducky Tail pages today. To CS shop today to get some things for Tehachap.

Reading: Craig Claiborn’s autobiography, “A Feast Made for Laughter.”

Gratitude: Sunshine, car seats that lay back, new tastes as my food base broadens.



Hundreds were there waiting at 0530, and by opening time there were thousands. A little of everyone came too. Next to us was a teacher on her way to the Chelsea King’s memorial. In front of us was a delightful couple…the lady knitting a hat in memory of her mother, the man discussing the changes we have to make now because of Chelsea King’s murder.

There was little of any value. Two Japanese prints….but the prices were not lowering to half price on Sunday. No bathing suits. Only four cook books for me. Himself found six ties worthy of note most going with his new pink shirt. Others going with his Brooks Brothers blue striped shirts. Those who donated, gave junk. If they don’t shop because they have little money, there is little they have to give. It’s a circle we have notice at the Discovery Shop too…fewer donations.

2 comments:

  1. Sigh. I've noticed that, too! My favorite resale shop doesn't have the quality of stuff it once did.
    It's the damned economy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this one is a bit much for me. I don't like crowds. Graciou, that's a bunch of folks.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life