November 24, 2012

24: Hacked



The Vagaries of life….it appears our primary email address has been hacked.  I apologize to any of you who got unwanted email.  G is hard at work solving the problem.  While he does that, I’m going to write here then bring down all the red holiday ornaments for the tree.  It’s get rid of worn, tired, unused trinkets, and maybe a few other colors too. 

For many years starting in the early 80’s, certainly in an over-reaction to leaving behind the ornaments from my childhood, I have been over-compensating and buying stuff for the tree.  Now for the past three or four years, I have been reversing the trend.  Last year, I donated all the blue’s we wouldn’t use again.  The green’s are gone.  This year I’m diving into the reds. 

We will see how successful both of us are with our projects by the end of the day.



  • Keeping those on the east coast in my thoughts and donating where it will count.

  • Himself:  Docenting for the first time since he got sick.

  • Herself:  Sorting ornaments and books.  Another estate came in, and giant boxes of books cover the work area in back.

  • Reading:  Same as yesterday.

  • Balance:  Yesterday at work I was so busy that I never got to the books.  Started a book sale tho.. 


  • 6 comments:

    1. I have about six decorations to my name. That will all change once my domain is really mine.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Drove by about 50 Christmas tree farms on our trip to the farm. Big business south of us. Got to get my tree up. Dianne

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thanksgiving that G continues improving. My husband is not a G and neither am I. Can only sympathize and hope we are not hit. You and Dianne inspire me with your creative downsizing.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Opps! Third sentence, uh, fragment referred to your account of hackers and aftermath.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Oh NOOOOOO! I am so sorry. Something got into my e-mail about 2-3 times and it was just so aggravating to have to write everybody to apologize. There is a special place in you know where for virus makers.

      For some reason, I'm just not quite in the holiday spirit yet. I don't know why. Siiiigh...

      ReplyDelete
    6. I remember when we were first married, I wanted everything in red and then...there were a very few old ornaments that my mother had and then I had a blue phase and a green and then there were the cute ornaments I wanted to start collecting for my son...and now we are in Florida and have little room...Gave most of my holiday decor away and will be weaning myself away from more again this season. But I can't wait to see your photos of your beautiful red Christmas!

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life