October 31, 2017

DAY 3: POWELL'S BOOKSTORE


October 25, 2017

Sahara really wanted to come with us this day, so there ensued a discourse on night workers VS grandparents.   The compromise was a ten thirty start to Powell’s Books that nirvana of all book lovers.  George had the addresses. Daughter Milaka knew how to get there.

Cookbooks take up a whole store of their own…speaking of Nirvana.  Yes, there were hundreds of cookbooks that called to me.  One, a very large volume named “Sunset” still calls to me.  I left it thinking such a thick book beyond my economy.  A volume on diabetic cooking, avocados,  and Paleo stuff came home with me as did a magical volume on fabric identifications from the 1850’s.

By the time we arrived at the main Powell’s store downtown, I was to the feed-me-now stage.  A small store café with used fiction fed us well, then trailed by my family I went in search of books on my list.  They didn’t have a one.  It was hard to imagine.

Dinner was Chinese.  Milaka was greeted by every single person who walked in the café.  Afterwards we took the family home and went to a meeting where I talked about Dixie and how I felt.  It was very important for me to do this.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
TODAY:
  • Himself:  His Queue was overwhelming yesterday, and it was bad today too.  He did get us into Comic Con as Volunteers but not Margot or Zoe as Zoes password wasn’t valid.
  • Herself:  Was a veggie sitting at her computer and doing nothing but post pictures.
  • Reading:  Back to working on QEII.  Half way through it is finally getting a little interesting.
  • Captain Poolie:  Kidney better but her potassium was now too high.

  • Gratitude’s:  That G is my friend too.  I’m very grateful for the folks in that tiny meeting in Williamsburg OR.
  • 6 comments:

    1. You are so brave. You went to the meeting in Oregon?? I have never had that much faith in people, which, of course, is my loss.

      ReplyDelete
    2. going through my bookmarks. So glad you are still here.

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life