January 21, 2018

ALL THE NEWS THAT'S FIT TO PRINT



Reality is a little blurred these days.  The eye doctor says my cataracts are to stage three…an elective surgery stage.  It’s the year they renew my driver’s license, and my vision is borderline for renewal.  The dentist says the alternates are an implant, which he recommends, but he could try to replace the broken post or give me a flipper until I can afford it all. 

The tooth came out again last night at dinner.

Poolies doctors have stopped chemotherapy and radiation.  They have warehoused her in the nursing home where G’s dad died.  She is having terrific hallucinations as the pain meds wear off.  We are stopping by today.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Tourists in the museum yesterday.  Friday he fixed the store’s small cart and reports it has serious metal fatigue.  We had a really nice dinner at the Brig last night to thank friends for helping schlep the cookbooks.
  • Me, myself, and I:  Friday meeting with tooth, tonight meeting without tooth.  We are looking for a new cart for the store and going to see “The Post.”
  • Reading:  Louise Penny.
  • Captain Poolie:  Not good.
  • Gratitude’s:  That love is still here.  That there is kindness in the world.


8 comments:

  1. Dentistry is so expensive. I hope you get it sorted. And the other too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and light to you, and a warm blanket to the Captain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eyes, teeth...we're all falling apart. Poor Poolie. I think of her every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of your friend Poolie.

    Hope the dental and cataract issues are dealt with soon, Mage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your dear friend, Mage. That's so sad. I sure hope your tooth can be taken care of quickly and painlessly. I guess we're all dealing with cataracts these days. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to laugh when people would say - if you have to have an operation, choose to have your cataracts replaced.
    I found out what they meant - it's the easiest one to have. In and out in half a day all under a local.
    Sending good wishes for your dear friend. Spend as much time as you can with her, hold her hand and tell her how much you love her

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the cataract surgery but had the standard lenses used. They never asked me about distance vision vs. near vision lenses, so I don't think I was a good candidate for that. My astigmatism is severe and the cataract surgery didn't correct that. I now need to find a third pair of glasses for inbetween vision -- like for cutting fabric or pulling stitches. It's all about getting old and accepting. Huge hugs of love to you both... (p.s. I do miss the Brigantine's wonderful food. Loved their Captain's Fish platter!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Implants are so expensive but may be the way to go. Every one who has had the cataract surgery says it is amazing. My heart hurts for Poolie and for those who love her. That poor woman has just been abused for the sake of medicine. Keeping her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life