May 22, 2018

A NORMAL POST



Waiting with a dozen dancing squirrels.

One of my readers wrote a note yesterday.  She said, “Oh, a normal post.” 

“I hadn’t realized my posts weren’t normal,” I reply.  Or, what is normal.  I write what’s happening to me.  Perhaps I see my world with a jaded eye.  Maybe I am not normal any more.

I went to a woman’s meeting very early this morning then on to a birthday party.  The hostess went to a lot of work, dear lady, and we were greeted by soup to nuts, as mother used to say.  I had an egg and a slice of cake which all went well with a half hour of conversation.   Her condo was spotlessly clean, white, and neat….unlike mine that’s crowded with books and quilts.  She teaches overseas…and I should find out more about this for my friend who used to teach for the circus. 


Juried student work at the Mingei.

I’m off to read some of you, have lunch, quilt, and run errands after dinner.  I see a bit of blue overhead.  It’s going to be a really good day.


Pottery.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Buying all the stuff for Friday’s BBQ…the meat needs to thaw.
  • Herself:  Feeling vastly better in the middle.  I only have one scab left to nurse….oh, hurrah.
  • Reading:  A mystery downstairs and a bio upstairs.
  • Watching:  NCIS tonight.
  • Gratitudes:  For the nightmares that woke me on time, for all the friends, For G without whom life would go awry.


14 comments:

  1. Everyone's definition of' 'normal' is different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normal. If your posts are not normal, God only knows what mine are...Did she every explain? You sound pleasantly busy with a much richer social life than I will every have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EVER...sorry. I did it twice!

      Delete
    2. Every and every indeed.
      And I just live closer to museums than you do. :)

      Delete
  3. Yes, how fun to look at one's time piece, on a chain around the neck, of course, and murmur, "Oh, dear, I must leave for dear Beatrix' soiree..."
    I thought it a normal post too, and enjoyed the student art pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your days are full and happy by the sound of it Mage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter has invited someone she met on holiday to visit here. I'm worried (or I was) that we won't seem 'normal' to him. Then I decided I didn't care. Why worry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To Nelly -- I used to worry about what others thought of me but as I've aged, I've come to realize it really doesn't matter. People will like me or not. I will like them or not. If they feel my house isn't up to their standards, they don't have to visit me ever again. I worry a lot less about things anymore and it feels wonderful!

      Delete
    2. A p.s. to Nelly -- that was my paternal grandmother's name except she spelled it Nellie. Nice to have that forced thoughts of her. She was my absolute favorite in the whole world. She made a huge impact on me.

      Delete
  6. normal is all a point of reference

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes, I don't think there's any such thing as normal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are normal for you. Aren't we all?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So looking forward to seeing you and G... and I would love to spy on all of your books... LOL AND the quilts, of course!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life