May 26, 2018

MEMORIAL DAY


                     


I like this flag photograph a lot.  It’s an old shot, and one of my really old cranky computers reduced it in size.  It was taken by an equally elderly camera, but I’ve enjoyed the unusualness of it for years. 

We were on the Point Loma Sub Base for a retirement ceremony.  Looking out the window of the club, there was a dry dock with an American flag on it.  There is someone in the control cabin at the top of the wall.  It seemed to put the image into not so foreign a perspective.

Have a good Memorial Day friends.  Remember those we have lost, but enjoy the family and friends we have now.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Instead of two good sized accounts, he now has 24 small accounts.  He fights to keep his numbers up as the big boss looks at numbers.  Today he is in the park, and tomorrow he got us seats to “Solo.”
  • Herself:  My 34th birthday yesterday.  I felt I didn’t make much sense in what I said to the Friday group.  Sunday I talk for one minute in front of 200 some folks.  Margot called from AZ where she is collecting some of her Pop’s things.  She made it fine, and found the original of that little orange drawing I’m using here.
  • Reading:  A couple of old Hillerman’s.  They are wonderful.
  • Watching:  The Tehachapi Live Train Cam…https://youtu.be/LsXWtXHT0rs. 
  • Open Diary: I had returned, but they wished me to approve a statement that they could use my copyrighted materials without my OK. They can’t. As a professional artist, all my work is copyrighted in my name. 
  • Gratitudes:  Lots of them.  I am still on a high from those years I celebrated yesterday


14 comments:

  1. A rich life and a battle won!! Who wated your copyrighted materials? Make them an offer. People are stealing photos and art all over the Internet, unfortunately. Tell me what about the photo touches you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flag movement. That it's a Dry dock where they regularly work on subs. Sinks, let's it in, and raises it out of the water. One normally doesn't have a dry dock with lunch.

      Delete
  2. That is a fabulous photo. The mini person up top certainly does give that giant flag perspective. Have a great Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I think of your flag photos, I think of the one you took of the flags on the graves at Fort Rosecrans cemetery. Truly a sad but powerful sight. See you on the 10th!!!! Cyber hugs until then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the big flag on the ship, but even more the small but mighty sailors flanking the rail of the ship in your header.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big flag is on a dry dock. The big ship with the sailors is the carrier Nimitz entering the port.

      Delete
  5. I trust you are enjoying your long weekend. Ours was last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 34 years. Be proud. Hope you have a great day and will be remembering like all of us, those who gave all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WooHoo..... 34 years....Solo was a good movie.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life