June 19, 2018

THE WEAVING BARN AND OTHER BITS OF LIFE




·       I forget that three hours of walking leaves me dozing the next day.  I’d laugh about it all if I were not half asleep.  I didn’t sit much Friday, so Saturday I dozed,…several times.  I rarely sat Sunday at the museum.  Monday was mostly lost tho I got food for the week and did the laundry.  You would have enjoyed seeing me doze outside the garage yesterday, book in hand, washer and dryer doing their thing behind me.
·       The Weaving Barn was heaven Sunday.  It seemed there were miles of these beautiful wooden tools marching down each side of the building with a double row in the center.  There was no one using a loom this day, to my sadness, but there was a spinner outside.  Chatting happily with everyone. 
·       Bobbie called me yesterday home from Band stuff and two east coast galleries.  She still has the beautiful rosewood loom that sat in the big house living room.  I miss the thought of it.  Reality is that folks with learning disabilities in math don’t do well warping up a loom.
·       “Just Do It.”  Nike’s old slogan applies to me today.  I’ll read a few of you, make the bed so I can see the bedroom quilt, and quilt a few crows in gold thread. 
·       Himself:  Had a truly overloaded day Monday then dashed off to his Monday meeting. 
·       Herself:  Jazzed that granddaughter Sahara is down here for a week and I got to see her last night.  Will make a follow-up doc appointment…at last.  Forgot to wear my new ears this morning.
·       Reading:  Just finished “Coyote Waits.”
·       Watching:  Netflix.
·       Gratitudes:  For the ladies in my Tuesday meeting remembering my name.


13 comments:

  1. I've read all of Hillerman's work and am still looking for a similar author that I can connect with. If you come across one, please let me know. I utterly love the Weaving Barn. Did not remember that it was there with the antique tractors in Palomar. I've seen the lacemakers at work before. Fascinating skill. Such gorgeous work, and the hanks of fibers in the photos on the group's web site was just gorgeous. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Craig Johnson. I like his work so much that I have them all.

      Delete
  2. Yay for granddaughters! Glad you got to see one of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to see all those looms in use. I see a lovely counterbalance, and the dreaded countermarche. Everyone of them busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Joanne would appreciate this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for checking up on me, Mage. I’m still healing steadily but won’t be back for another several weeks, I’m afraid. Have a great summer! By the way, vaiybora is a spammer. I’ve been hit by him several time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the news. I visit you every morning.
      Yes, he's been here before. I make him spam.

      Delete
  6. That barn is weaveers heaven. Funny...I have that same 'napping' problem over here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you will get your naps when you can, laundry not a problem. So glad you got some granddaughter time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Napping is inevitable as we age. I have been finally getting good sleep at night and still I get dozey in the afternoon. That weaving place looks inviting, although I never did get an interest in quilting, but did try it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
    I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
    I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life