July 14, 2018

GRATITUDES





We took Margot out with a crowd to dinner last night for her birthday.  She delighted in the socialization.  Despite all her physical problems, she seems the happiest I have ever seen her.  She loves her work, she’s getting a handle on her personal issues, plus she is raising a beautiful and intelligent daughter.  It was such a pleasure to have this time with her without worrying.

I worry about my own issues.  The DMV sent me notice that it’s time to renew my driver’s license…again.  I worry about this every year.  Can I remember all the new rules, can I see the chart…those are the two big issues for me.  Usually I only have to worry about my fading memory.  Now I know there’s a limit to how blind you can be in CA and still drive.  I am over that limit.  Yes, I have an ophthalmologist’s appointment the first of next month.

I’m practicing not worrying on dear G.  He’s been working often from five to five on his new, detail oriented, client’s claims.  No more gym, he just sits at his computer all day.  He is working this coming Monday, but the rest of the week he has off.  I am so very pleased.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  morning off; Afternoon with a visit with our friend Peter Knego.  Got a couple of new cheap shirts at Tarjay.
  • Me:  It’s going to be hot again, I am going to find cool things to do.  Loo9king forward to the costumes at Comic Con.
  • Reading:  Just arrived from the Mystery Guild: Linda Castillo’s newest.  It was hard to write she says.  It’s not hard to read.
  • Gratitude’s:  The evening with Margot.  The quiet morning with G.  That the DMV has practice license tests on line.



8 comments:

  1. I am hoping with you for a successful DMV visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your license Mage. The online practice sounds like the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful to see your child happy, isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How often do you have to get your license renewed?? I thought you just went through this last year. :? And yes, it's one of life's greatest gifts to see your children coping with life and being happy. I've been trying to get that baby quilt finished. Have been sewing the binding down. I keep at it, half a side at at time, slow but sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your test. It's a scary thought, having to give up your licence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only time I get new glasses is right before license renewal time. Good luck with the exam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all goes well with your license renewal.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life