August 19, 2018

ACUTE EMBARRASMENT

At Kobey’s Swap Meet on a giant chair.       

The day started off pretty good.  We picked up books for the store from Poolie’s sister thenn went off to the swap meet.  The Kobey family opened up spaces to non-profit’s, and I wanted to see how that went.  I’d seen the American Cancer Society pink there on TV.  And I wanted to thank whoever was working the event.

It was a small swap meet, but it still took George, my scooter, and I quite a long time to find them.  Yes, George had to give me a push to get me up on the seat.  Yes, an omelette at Broken Yolk helped the mild embarrassment afterword.  He dashed off to work while I finished the California Drivers Handbook for the first time.

With great enthusiasm, we went out to a movie after our work.  Dinner at Rubio’s fish tacos then M&M’s….which I had 2 weeks ago.  The movie was great.  Unfortunately, I had a massive reaction to, it had to be, the taco.  Three times during the movie, I had to rush to the bathroom.  The last time I didn’t make it.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Buying floor paint and ripping out the back stair carpet.  No company is showing any enthusiasm for carpeting our one flight of stairs.  Painted floors worked well in the big house.
  • Myself:  Friday: I thought it was the starter, but it was a dead battery.  G came from work and diagnosed it.  AAA called, and I was back on the road.   Sunday: Getting that flying crow copied so I can put it at the top of the quilt.  Spent the morning with CBS and this.  
  • Reading:  Daniel Silva’s “The English Spy.”
  • Gratitude’s:  That I made it all through the night with no further embarrasments.



8 comments:

  1. How did you get in that chair. It seems mighty slippery!
    We haven't seen that quit in a while. Felling down the crow will be a job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George gave me a helpful push up. LOL
      I''m going to pin it on and sew it though the paper.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I hope your digestive issues are history.
    I had to laugh at you in the chair. Edith Ann (Lily Tomlin's character) immediately came to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good time tromping through the swap meet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious photograph. Sorry to hear about the embarrassment. Hope it wasn't too severe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the good and useful information I keep track of your blog throughout. I love your thoughts and very interesting.
    ออกกำลังกาย

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life