November 11, 2018

VETERANS DAY


           
I thought for a few moments that the fire might reach Bobbies home.  No, it is now burning five miles from her home where they stopped it.  The fire itself is only 10% contained and part of that containment is just down Topanga Canyon. 

This morning, we are going to stop by Dale’s grave and that of George's parents.  Dust them off a little.  Later we are going to get his hair cut…all of it.  I’ve talked with both kids, who love Bobbie, and talked with Bobbie too.  The day is beautiful here, and we are off to enjoy it.

8 comments:

  1. Feeling helpless is the worst, I think. We (some) pretend that Climate Change is a hoax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine living under all that smoke and haze. Buena fortuna to all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usuaally cough, but today I just can't breathe.

      Delete
  3. So glad Bobbie has been spared for now and hope these dreadful fires will soon be all contained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fires are still raging. Bobbie hasn't said anything yet, so all I can do is hope she is ok.

      Delete
  4. Hope the fire remains contained for your friend. Haven’t heard if my friend’s family members have been able to return to homes or even if their houses still there.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life