December 5, 2018

JUST A ROLLIN' ALONG

Old time Holiday balls.
           
The Friends of the Library, hereafter FOL, doesn’t have a section for Christmas books.  Did I tell you that earlier?  The Children’s book section does.  Maybe Christmas is for children only.    Here yesterday, G installed one of those things that make stars on the front of the house.  Earlier he installed more icicles on the tiny balcony over the front door.

We bloom blue and white lights everywhere.

Margot and Zoe are coming Christmas eve.  I promised Pam I’d serve soup.  I forgot to ask Bobbie if she and Geoff are coming.  I was thinking that they would all like my friend Jo’s Pezzoli. 

My life was slowed down by my arthritis yesterday, and I note I am thinking in little thought bubbles this morning.  You would laugh to see me shelving books…I sit in a rolling office chair.  With a lap full of books I roll from shelf to shelf.  Solves all my no-walking problems.  I laugh and hope my bosses are laughing too.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Dinner in old town last night.  He had the traditional turkey tamales with mole. “Today we are tucked in and don’t have to go out, he tells me.”  The first wave of clouds has already rolled in.  Rain by lunch.
  • Myself:  The weather is making some parts of me rebel.
  • Reading:  Broke in to Stilletto for “Air Force One.”  I didn’t know there were so many of them or that the fleet is so large.
  • Gratitude’s:  George, The Aerobics Class welcome, getting the laundry done, and finding G the perfect present.


9 comments:

  1. My gift shopping is so slow this year. I am surrounded by family who live in abundance. So I look for event tickets and pray they are not on work travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books and money. Small pieces of jewelry and more money. I'm not out there joining the herds, but not giving away stuff I know they know.

      Delete
  2. When I was a kid and we had moved here to California, we had our first Christmas tree and I do remember balls like those in your photo. We had them for YEARS, until they faded and the color turned gray on the inside like the backing of a mirror gone bad. Thanks for the memories... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how long I'll remember FOL, don't you? Actually, having paused to write this, there is a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved how you have used the rolling chair. Bet those watching wish they had thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...they certainly noticed. I got a sit down job today shelving books all in one place. Perfect.

      Delete
  5. Love the photo. Those ornaments were so pretty on the trees.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life