January 16, 2019

CROSSED OUT


Photographer: PAH.  Image from a contact sheet.  1967.

           
I’m inching my way though this shot taking out the big black X.  Probably no work on it today as I just deleted a batch of photos from my Imgur account by accident.    But it’s coming along. 
Left to Right: Bobbie, Margot with the curls, Fred...a sailor Bobbie brought home, Milaka, me, and Uncle Wonder Ray.

There’s been quite a discussion on this shot in Facebook.  I asked everyone what year it was.  I even got a phone call from Bobbie.  “That’s not me,” she told me.  I laughed at her.  “I remember the dress,” I said.  It was pink and orange.

·        Milaka  Oh Bobbie!
·       
Milaka  Where did you find this one?

o      Katy  I brought it down to San Diego with me...on a contact sheet of photos PAH did of me in 1967 I believe.....
o  
Milaka  I am loving all these. I remember him I'm the dark room
These are awesome photos from the past. Thank you for sharing!
·         
·        Eileen  Clearly there was a professional in the family to mark up rejects.
o   
Maggie  Yes, he was a professional photographer.
·        
Milaka  Maybe east lane house? Just guessing.
o   
Katy  no...Louden Lane
·        
Pam  1960
o   
Milaka  Can’t be. I was born in 64.
o   
Maggie   I didn't meet Bobbie till 66
·   
Margaret  That is the same chair that you were sitting in for that picture that you did a self portrait out of
o   
Milaka  I remember the chair.

Margaret  Milaka Hawkins you have not called me 
·        
Maggie  Yes,
·        
Milaka  You were obviously picking something out of my foot. Must have epic photos as every one interested. Well except Bobbie she looks hot.
·        
Maggie Bailey Look, they are being a band.....1967 1968?
·        
Katy  my guess is 1967...based on when I met you all at Southwestern JC...

...and 1967 it was.

4 comments:

  1. "Faded hotographs..." That magic of capturing a moment in time. The Heraclitus river. Love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how people in the same family remember an event differently if at all.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life