February 18, 2019

THAT'S HOW IT IS

2017 Portland
  We cough together.
           
I worry.  He coughs.  I sort-of sleep getting up every two some hours.  He coughs and gets up every few minutes.  We try everything to send sleep his way.  One night he sat in Grandpa Gunthorp’s chair in the bedroom, and put his head on the bed.  He slept better that night than any other night.  I wake and pretend to sleep.  He doesn’t want any suggestions.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Friday he worked half a day.  Today he worked the whole day.
  • Myself:  Up very late.  He thinks sleep is healing.  Read blogs.  Started Laundry, Found one hairdresser open who cut my hair really, really short, picked up cleaning, and grocery shopped.
  • Photo:  Milaka or Sahara, Portland OR.
  • Reading:  New to me author:  Matthew Quirk, “The Night Agent.”  I was almost put off reading it by the prologue.
  • Gratitude’s:  Laundry done, dishes done, dinner done.



12 comments:

  1. I'm with him. When I am sick, I go to bed and sleep, sleep, sleep. If I wake up, I read. I am a big believer in sleep. I don't know if you ever use alternative products, but I swear by this one for cough. https://shop.boironusa.com/medicine/childrens-chestal-cough-honey/ And yes, I use the same stuff as the grandkids. haha PS I like the haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited a friend in Florida once and went to her hairdresser's for a cut and got one just like that. I was not too happy as I could never dress it up or down....! It grew out in a month and by two months I was back to being me. Thinking of your guy and wishing him fresh air to help with the coughing. That is one beautiful Portland photo, but what is the story on the cow pin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George found the pin at an estate sale years ago. After we had been back for a while, I lost it. He found me another with an online search.

      Delete
    2. How lucky that he could find another...or maybe the same one?

      Delete
  3. This seems to have been going on for some time. I hope it resolves itself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand that worry when a loved one is sick. The feeling of helplessness is terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geeze, I wish you guys would get better. And, if you like your hair short, hang onto that hair dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get some sleep but have to work at it. What a job it is to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that picture of you two, obviously when you were both feeling better. Come on now, this has been going on too long-- KICK THIS COUGH TO THE CURB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping for the two of you that you get a decent nights sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life