November 16, 2019

DAY ONE: LANDING

Not bad at all.  The MD Anderson Cancer Center has gentle and kind well in hand. The pictures on the link below make it all look much better than it is too.  If you arrive at noon, all is chaos….that’s the only problem.  We got in and on a chair and waited.  I was given a warm blanket and waited.  That sort of chaos.  Endless.

I brought a book, and magazines, and George.  That wasn’t quite enough.  I wore tennies and should have had my UGGS on aas my feet were really cold.  I needed a pillow for my loused up knee to change position onto.  My hair has turned grey since September, yes there used to be brown in there.  And annoyingly I was asked if G was my son.  That’s sort of thing.

Today is day 2, and all is still well.  They tell me that Sunday will be the worst.  Encouragingly, I was told that if I didn’t have morning sickness with my kids, I was unlikely to have nausea with the chemo.  I can say that my hands are shaking badly.  But I will live.          
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….






7 comments:

  1. When my father was undergoing cancer treatment, he was cold too. Heating pads and hot water bottles were the order of the day.

    I hope tomorrow is not as bad as you’ve been led to expect Mage! One down! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Mage...
    I'm thinking about you and sending you warm thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely get out the UGGS.
    when my Dad was treated, we also dressed him in comfy layers so he could peel some off if he warmed up. It might be better than you think. Love and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take warm things next time. Stay happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look like a nice place from the photos in the link. I hope today is a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope they were wrong and today is a good one. Hope you have that warm thing in hand and that there will be no nausea. Pulling for you and praying for you during this trying time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life