May 11, 2020

WALKING IS SUCH SWEET SORROW


                  

It almost takes a jackhammer to get me moving these days.  I confess; I’m the laziest person you know.  I’m the lady who used to run on the beach when my kids were small.  Even worse, I used to walk to work tho I rode a bus home.  It was three miles.  I test drove it door to door…home to the Mission Beach Plunge just to see how far it really was.

Now days, I walk just to the end of the driveway, and I sit there on my walker seat and pant.  Even tho I am happily home, I pant.

So I’ve made a decision to walk every day.  I’ll go from the garage to the mail box and back.  If you want me, I’m downstairs walking.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

  • Himself:  Feeling good.  Putting up with me.
  • Myself: Drinking my water too.  No more dehydration.  Saw both kids yesterday on their phones.  Delightful.
  • Reading:  The first of the Mayor mysteries,
  • Photo:  Walking. The first year I was alone.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I could get to the end of the drive.




11 comments:

  1. Wonderful drawing.
    I was going to say that it's the little things, but then I thought that walking is a pretty big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you...remember, you must keep moving to keep moving. Once you stop, you will rust in place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, a little walking will get you going. Keep up the good work.

    Re my post today: the field was being taken over by dandelions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sketch. You look like you’re in charge. Like you’ve taken charge of this walking. Go Mage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are really purposefully striding in that sketch. Something to work towards. Know how you feel. My COPD took a whipping with all this isolation. Exercise is so important. Like you, I will be working on getting back to better breathing, one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel guilty... I should walk too, AND drink more water. I walked to the mail box last Monday... 3 blocks. I hate exercising... so did my mother and all of my sisters except for the eldest, who ran marathons when she was younger. I will try to do better. Thank you for being here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've begun using the treadmill--every day--I'm now up to 20 min. per day. It's only 1+ mph but it's something.

      Delete
  7. One small step for you and one big step for all of us. Good for you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Walk, walk, waddle waddle..............

    ReplyDelete
  9. That’s pretty good, gettingbto the end of the drive! Maybe soon it will be further — if you keep walking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A leisurely walk in the morning or evening is very good for the health of the body and mind .., I also agree. Continue to move.

    Greetings from Indonesia

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life