July 17, 2020

BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS!


The Sun has finally come out.  I’ve talked with Timothy, and George is well into episode 4 of “The last Kingdom.”  Things are fractionally too quiet for me, but who am I to complain.  Timothy is doing the same thing I am doing, reading.  A friend of his lost his house, and Tim  got all his books.  He had a lot of popular fiction.

 

I’m just grateful that last time I cleared out my book stash; I kept the best of the best.  Working through the Dick Francis racing mysteries has been an adventure, and I’ve been loving it.  Now that I have finished the four on Sid Halley, I’m free to read anything.  Having the neighborhood library still closed is such a sad thing. 

 

I have to confess that I purchased a new hardbound book online; the newest Amish mystery.  Boy that was expensive, and that’s why I never buy new.  Now I am chomping at the bit to get it in my hands.  It’s a drive by pickup at my favorite bookstore.  I like that idea a lot.  And the store has moved just down the hill.  What more could one ask. 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

<LI><U>Reading:</U>  <I>Waiting.</I></LI>

<LI><U>Photo:</U>  <I>The San Salvador.  Each boat here is telling a story.  For instance, look at the man doing basic maintenance under the center of his yacht.<I></LI>

<LI><U>Gratitude’s:</U>  <I>That each day this week has been lovely.</I></LI></UL >

 


6 comments:

  1. That is a fabulous photo! Our library here is open too but it is a shadow of its former self. No browsing. You can order on-line and drive by to pick it up at a specified time.

    We live in unusual times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could not get much more into that picture!
    I'm reading A Town like Alice. I refuse to sit up all night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dick Francis is a name from the past. It was his books that really got me into the British Mystery genre way back when. The first books that I read were from the library in the school where I taught. This would be back in the 80s sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You brought back memories with the mention of Dick Frances. He was a favorite. Too bad you don't have Kindle. I get my library e-books transferred to my Kindle in minutes and never leave the house. Only costs me $10 a year. Best sellers I have to wait for but they have a huge selection.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life