October 15, 2020


      

·       I have no idea what made me look inside our old washing machine when it was operating, but I did.  The center agitator was going up and down gently but not turning.  The repair person will be here tomorrow.  It’s been a good machine.  It hasn’t broken down once in 26 years.  If the repair is below the cost of a new one, we will do it.

·       We splurged last night and did take out from a favorite eatery Point Loma Seafood.  You would have laughed at me trying to eat this too hearty fish sandwich.  The giant fresh bread couldn’t hold the fish hunks in place.  They kept slipping to the bottom of  the two slices.  What a struggle.  George’s bread behaved.

·       Imagine an evening with the sun shining golden rays on buildings.  Imagine ships and boats moving by us on the bay.  We are saving lots of money eating at home every day, but that’s no reason we can’t have picnics by the bay often with our own cooked dinners.

________________________________________________________________ 

·       <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:  Did all sorts of small things including an appointment to fix the washer and ordered the fixes for the leaking shower. door.  Imagine HD didn’t have the parts we needed.

·       Myself:  Showered, and laundered.

·       Reading:  Elizabeth Cadell…soothing stuff.

·       Photo:  The auto transport MORNING COURIER heading out to sea, and one of the  new Navy ships coming in.

 Gratitude’s:  Tho I felt like thick, sodden lead yesterday, today I seem fine.

 

8 comments:

  1. That sounds tasty as you're surrounded in an attractive setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picnics by the bay sound perfect to me and the food is often better than take out too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had lunch with my daughter yesterday and we both had a small hamburger. Hers behaved admirably, mine slipped to the bottom of the bun constantly. I finally let it out and tackled it with my knife and fork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two nights in a row for picnic on the bay. What a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you can get it repaired. I just had mine successfully worked on and the repair guy said, "keep the old ones running, the new ones are designed to fail early." Ha ha, that might apply to humans.
    The picnic sounded like just what what needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a relatively new washer. You can't lift the lid while it is working.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We’ve been doing take-outs once a week. Sounds wonderful to have a little picnic outdoors. Older machines seem to last so much longer than they do these days. My daughter has our decades old freezer that she doesn’t want to replace because she knows a newer one won’t last more than 1 decade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you caught the washer problem. All of my appliances are approaching 15 years...so big expenses in the future. Glad you ate out, but I have to eat those types of sandwiches with a knife and fork!! I will try to catch up with your other posts, but oh so thrilled about your new good health.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life