February 11, 2021

WAITING


 

The dining room table is covered with tax papers.  This is the second year he is doing the collating.   He’s doing a wonderful job but I feel kind of outside it all.  Outside is good. 

Life is but a handful of hiccups these days, and since I do the water cure I must confess to hitting the bathroom often last night.  Good stuff today tho.  Putting away the groceries he bought on line.  I love watching people in the grocery lot while waiting for some young man to bring them out to us.  Finishing one of my last Peter Bowen’s.  Showering.  Did I mention that I long for a bath but can’t get out of the tub.  I will eventually tho. 

Each day I have been waking up a little earlier.  That’s a marvelous thing.  To see the early golden sunlight on the tree branches makes me pause.  Only when the sun creeps up into the sky does the light turn silver and winterish.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

<A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>  Taxes.

Myself:  (See above.)

Reading:  Bowen.

Watching:  Tuskegee Airmen, Tough as Nails.

Photo:  Drawing of two British airmen taking a break under a wing during the battle of Britain.  Media:  Charcoal.

Gratitude’s:  For the calm of the day.

 

8 comments:

  1. I've been waking up at 7=30, no 8, because the light creeps around the curtain then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't grocery pick up the greatest invention? I plan to keep using it after this pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art does all that, I'm afraid. I'd be in trouble if I had to do that. I'm so glad such beauty awaits you when you wake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my knees were hurting the most I couldn't use the bath. Now I can. You will too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had a bath for a long time. I usually am drawn to draw a bath when I am not feeling well. I make it really hot and scrunch my large frame down into the too small bath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That photo is so compelling. At first I thought they were jesters taking a break. That was yours, I assume? the profiles are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mage, I sent an email to you last night. You have only 2 masks with filter pockets? I would be happy to make you a couple more Olson style masks. I was figuring you were making them yourself since I know you are an expert seamstress.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life