March 25, 2021

SPRING HAS SPRUNG


At first all the trees around our home began to have this fine green haze to them.  One morning, ours did too.  For some reason, that light green newness surprised me this year.  First came the little ice cream cone like shape, then there was a little round gathering of green feathers right below it.  Every branch has one.

Now days later, most of the trees are growing greener every day.


We have more changes here at home.  Yes, I am back in the pool and easily doing all the exercises.  Out of the water, I am a wimp.  Worst of all, I grow wimpier by the day.  One day last week I found that I couldn’t climb the stairs with any ease what so ever anymore.  We have had a stair lift installed downstairs since November 2019.  Perhaps the sight of me crawling up the stairs so upset dear G that he ordered a second one. 

We now live in a 2021 fully ADA approved condo.  It may look as if it is a three story condo, but it isn’t.  Imagine, the luxury of living in a one story home.  I confess, there are still three stairs to climb at the end of the stair lift.  It saved us about four thousand dollars to not have the stair lift turn the corner and go to the top.  I have two hand rails in this part of the stairs, and I can do three stairs easily. 

Here’s Zoe at 16 sitting in our friend Joe’s new truck. 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>  Took off the main handrail and worked for a whole day to get the wall smooth.  Found a new space game to play.
  • Myself:  Cold and shivering.  Dozing off at inappropriate moments.  This isn’t a bad kind of chemo at all.
  • Reading:  Still reading Penny.  6 more to go.
  • Photos:  Mine.
  • Gratitude’s:  Got to share Zoe’s birthday with her this week.  She could hug G.
  •   

6 comments:

  1. I love your description of the new green of spring.

    Your three stories having become one is great! When we bought our home, I looked for the ability to do the same with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my knees are playing up I use the banister spindles to pull me forward. Some days I don't have to. Those are great days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if it would have been easier to install an elevator is one corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new green of spring also. When it hits the mountains here, they appear to glow. That stair lift looks like a lifesaver. If I had stairs, I'd have to have one for climbing leaves me breathless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. brand new spring green is so fresh and happy making. my pecan trees have finally started coming out, always the last to do so. soon we will have our summer canopy back. glad the new chemo isn't too terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this must be so hard for you.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life