December 16, 2021

FRIENDSHIP


           

 Pat was best friends with Captain Poolie.  Talking with Pat today, all she can talk about is Poolie.  Poolie died four years ago.  Yes, she made everything more; she was that kind of lady.  But I don’t fill my days with Poolie thoughts.  I have all sorts of friends I miss from Seedies in Alaska to MarionB in Claremont. 

What I do think about is a new great-grandson, a granddaughter with breast cancer, a child doing wonderful things with the handicapped.   I told my oncologist that I was aiming for 85 years old.  That seems reasonable to me.  Mother and grandma died at 85, so can I.  In the meantime, I pray for that granddaughter.

  • <A HREF=http://geeeee-zer.blogspot.com/>Himself:</A>   Been very busy taking me around, waiting for me, taking me here and there, et al.  My hero.
  • Myself:  Got some smalls for Bobbie and Geoff.  Last night some lights.  Today the second Post Op with the eye doc…get to order new lenses in two weeks.
  • Reading:   “The Only Way To Cross.”
  • Watching:  KPBS:   Nature and The Engineering show on Making the Chunnel.
  • Photo:   Captain Poolie at the Auto Museum Christmas Party.
  • Gratitude’s:  For all my friends.


9 comments:

  1. There are several friends I miss but they do not occupy all my thoughts. Just fleeting moments that put a smile on my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine what it is like for a granddaughter to have cancer. I hope all turns out well for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you and your granddaughter. 85 sounds very doable--8 more years? Yep, I can do that! And I recognized Poohlie right away -- didn't realize it had been 4 years since her passing. :/ We've shared some really good friends over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding your granddaughter to my prayers. Happy though that you have so many good things in your life also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very nice picture, all done up in red. Yes, shoot for 85. Why not 95? Why limit yourself, dear?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your granddaughter beats that dreaded disease and has a nice long and healthy life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, ditto on the hopes for your granddaughter. I'm aiming for late 90s like my paternal aunt and paternal great aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm praying for strength and resilience as she fights her cancer. I'm all for you going past 90 too, Mage.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life