September 7, 2010

Festival of Sail 2010 1




Above: The Star of India is framed by the stern of the Surprise on the left and the nose of a Foxtrot submarine to the right. Bottom: Our friends with an officer on board the Surprise, and the Amazing Grace speeding into a gun battle. 2010.



Yesterday and Today

Himself: New regieme….he starts work at 0830. That gives him a chance to swim. Today is a catch up day for him too.

Herself: with the quilt blog too: Swim, work on poem while doing those reality things like laundry, grocery shopping, processing photos from yesterday. I presume this agony…..perhaps from the bone spur, will happen again, and I am very glad to discover something that lessened the pain. Tylenol didn’t even touch it; Aleve did.

Herself: …and the quilt blog too: Swim, work on poem while doing those reality things like laundry, grocery shopping, processing photos from yesterday. I presume this agony…..perhaps from the bone spur, will happen again, and I am very glad to discover something that lessened the pain. Tylenol didn’t even touch it; Aleve did.

My Babylonian Captivity: Do stop in and read Tugster's experience as a human shield. He writes that, “ i was captured in kuwait (where i was teaching in the kuwaiti air force)….”

Gratitude: A long weekend then a morning with friends.

Though it was grey and cold when we started, not only were we early enough to get a great parking space and beat the crowds, we also stayed long enough to have a little sunshine later in the day. Yes, I took over two hundred photographs, Yes, I didn’t clamber about on every ship after all, and yes, I spent half my time dropping things that I couldn’t bend over to pick up.
We had a glorious time, and we all came home smiling….our friends too I hope as they needed a smile or two. G and I took an hour’s nap in our favorite chairs with our heads nodding and jerking to and fro, and I didn’t play with a single picture before dozing off before bed time.



6 comments:

  1. What a great venture, love those old wooden boats. So glad you were up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabooo pictures! I am so glad you had fun. I drove by on my way to pick up my sister from the airport, but we did not stop. Looked like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are great. It is healthy to get out and have a good time. Good for what ails you, as the old folks used to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo of The Surprise brings to mind Roger Whitaker's "The Last Farewell." Have you ever heard it?

    That photo of the ship under full sail is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a carefree, sunny day you had! That must have been so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life